Sunday, October 11, 2009

Rezoning Request

This week our group will request a rezoning for our Semester Parcel. Right now, the parcel is zoned as B-1-a, which allows for a variety of buildings. The process required for a rezoning includes:
1) submitting a request in writing to the Planning Controls Division, which includes the legal description, fee, site plan, current zoning of property and what you want to rezone the property to;
2) After the request is submitted, there is a public hearing before the Planning Commission. If the request is recommended for approval by the Planning Commission, it will go to the City Council.
3) A hearing is held before the City Council, who has final authority on all rezoning requests.
* If a request is denied by the Planning Commission, you must appeal the decision to the City Council.

This process takes approximately 3 1/2 - 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment